Thursday, July 29, 2010

Mother and Child Reunion

This one's a killer - certainly seems a bit random, but this one pops into my skull quite often.  Apparently, he got the name for the song off of the menu of a Chinese Restaurant in downtown New York.  It was a chicken and egg dish...

Song: Mother and Child Reunion
Artist: Paul Simon
Album: Paul Simon
Category: Classic Rock

cover art for the single...

Memorable Lyrics:
No I would not give you false hope
On this strange and mournful day
But the mother and child reu-nion
Is only a motion away, oh, little darling of mine.

Last Heard (other than in my head): 3 months ago - every once in a while, I'll jam out to Paul Simon's Greatest Hits - nice!

Stickyness Factor (1-10): - 6 - this is a somewhat sticky one - the chorus, and maybe two other lines, will repeat in my noggin over and over and over for hours.

Thoughts:
No problems with this one ringing in my head - its a classic.  Part of a great album, including one of my favorites, "Me and Julio Down by the School Yard" (another song that will surely make an appearance on this page in the future).  A little bit of a reggae-ness to it, including guitar work by two of the members of 'Toots and the Maytals'.  Also featured on The Simpsons episode when Homer's mother dies - any song that has been on the Simpsons is OK in my book...

No comments:

Post a Comment