Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Hey Leonardo (She Likes Me For Me)

The song that started it all!  Upon hearing this song playing in my head just one too many times, I was inspired to start this little bloggy-blog up.  I was amazed because I hadn´t heard the actual song in so long, but it continued to come to me.  Maybe writing about it will make it stop...


Song: Hey Leonardo (She Likes Me For Me)
Artist: Blessid Union of Souls
Album: Walking Off The Buzz
Category: 90´s Rock

Memorable Lyrics:
She likes me for me
Not because I hang with Leonardo
Or that guy who played in "Fargo"
I think his name is Steve
 
Last Heard (other than in my head): late 90´s


Stickyness Factor (1-10): - 7 - this one tends to stay with me for a while.  I know way too many words of this song...


Thoughts:
This song, on the surface, is just plain bad.  Cheesy lyrics to match the simple, repetitive music.  However, something about this one brings a smile to my face.  Maybe it is the stupid references to pop culture and celebrities, maybe because its so bad that its good, maybe because it transports me back to a different time in my life...

No comments:

Post a Comment