Friday, August 20, 2010

Respect

Song: Respect
Artist: Aretha Franklin
Album: I Never Loved a Man the Way I Love You
Category: R&B

Whaa?
Memorable Lyrics:

R-E-S-P-E-C-T
Find out what it means to me
R-E-S-P-E-C-T
Take care ... TCB

Last Heard (other than in my head): at least a year ago - who knows.


Stickyness Factor (1-10): - 4 - not very sticky, as far as sticky things go...


Thoughts:
Me to myself: "think of a song, any song, to get that damn Banana Pancakes song out of my head - it's been in there for two days and it's absolutely killing me with it's lameness --> R-E-S-P-E-C-T... what?  where did that come from?  oh well, no worries, lets roll with it..." (see last post for complete understanding of this).
I never realized that this was originally an Otis Redding song, from a man's point of view.  Aretha takes it, reverses the roles, and creates an international sensation.  It has been covered by Janis Joplin, Ike and Tina Turner, and (my personal favorite) Ashley Banks on the Fresh Prince of Bel-air... Will, you better stop treating her like a child...


Buy this song at Amazon.com --> Respect
Buy this album at Amazon.com --> I Never Loved a Man the Way I Love You
Get 25 FREE MP3s at eMusic.com Choose from over 3.5 million songs!

No comments:

Post a Comment